Careers at Gateway Health Partners
Experience a new challenge with one of the fastest growing healthcare purchasing alliances in the industry.
Executive Director of Sales and Business Development
United States | Remote
Gateway Health Partners is seeking a dynamic Executive Director of Sales & Business Development with healthcare, PBM, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or life sciences industry experience to join our team. At Gateway, we set out to make the complex, confusing world of formulary and rebate management less complex and confusing. We work with PBM’s, Health Plans, and Employer Groups all over the country — listening, researching, negotiating, and creating customized, tech-forward solutions to help these companies meet their needs and save their members money. Simply. To every client and every situation, we bring clarity, insight and expertise.
This is a remote-based position where you may work from your home office.
The Executive Director is a key member of the senior management team, responsible for sales & business development, providing leadership in the development and execution of market and business strategies that deliver predictable and sustainable growth in membership, revenue, and margin.
The Executive Director is expected to lead the positioning of Gateway Health Partners as the leader in the marketplace. This requires high-level collaboration, ability to build relationships with C-suite decision makers, and influencing skills to achieve high performance in a large complex ecosystem.
This position is matrixed within the organization providing influence and support to key accounts, client relations team, clinical, underwriting, sales operations, and strategic planning. The expectations for this role include: Effectively positioning Gateway Health Partners in the market by establishing critical relationships and representing Gateway Health Partners as the senior sales executive in the market place and in broader context on behalf of the enterprise. Effective partnership with internal teams to ensure GHP is positioned for sustainable growth with key external targets. Lead efforts to drive an outside-in customer centric organization by being the voice of the customer/consumer to the organization and the Sr. Market Leaders (voice of GHP) to the market.
Gateway Health Partners is the largest independent provider of rebates and formulary management services in the United States. We provide flexible, transparent, unbundled, à la carte prescription cost management solutions for rebates, home delivery (mail service), specialty pharmacy and retail pharmacy networks.
Designed to represent our three pillars, Clarity, Insights, and Expertise, we offer end-to-end solutions that promote and support our clients.
- Contracts: We offer the deepest discounts in the marketplace (and most flexible)
- Data: We produce advanced technology and reporting to inform decision-making
- Services: We provide tailored customer service that works alongside you and is consultative
- Insights: We deliver clinical education and recommendation to impact patients’ treatment plans
Through all of this, we are a healthcare purchasing alliance committed to lowering drug costs through best-in-class purchasing solutions that are transparent and predictable. We are passionate about our goal to improve the overall healthcare delivery system through increased education and choice.
- Deep understanding of the health care industry, dynamics and managed care environment. A strong market focus is essential
- Demonstrated ability building and developing highly effective sales team
- Proven track record of growing a business
- Thorough understanding of drivers of health plan profitability and proven experience working across functional lines of a large complex organization to deliver on customer expectations. Proven ability to influence a complex organization to ensure that performance standards are customer driven
- Demonstrated expertise in strategy formulation, market research, sales management and communications. Excellent creative and analytical problem solving skills. Ability to credibly influence decision makers to take action of fact-based recommendations. Strong entrepreneurial style and customer focus
- Demonstrated experience in management of full life cycle development of product design, price, promotion and placement in execution of a successful sales strategy
- Proven leadership in driving flawless needed administrative, internal functions in support of the customer
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated strength in addressing and defusing high-tension situations comfortably with the ability to translate customer needs and broker feedback into requirements needed in other parts of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree / MBA is desirable.
- 10+ years of experience and a proven record in sales, business development (or similar function) within the healthcare, PBM, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or life sciences industry
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Position Gateway Health Partners business to achieve targeted revenue and membership goals.
- Business development, new sales and account management execution to achieve market membership goals.
- Develop relationships at senior levels in client organizations and in the broker/consulting community and represent Gateway Health Partners as a senior executive.
- Effectively promote the value, benefits, and characteristics of Gateway Health Partners capabilities to current and prospective clients as well as other stakeholders.
- Collaborate on strategic market assessments including market environments, consumer and group markets, and competitive intelligence, forecasting market trends, and cost structure information.
- Produce a disciplined and accurate approach to membership forecasts and achieve growth targets.
- Negotiate major customer agreements.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a national marketing strategy and collaborate with the Marketing leader to develop and execute the marketing strategy for growth in existing and new markets.
- Ensure new sales and renewals close at set pricing and margin targets and are aligned with strategies for specific, targeted segments within a market.
- Partner with National Marketing to develop advertising, marketing communications, brand and public relations strategies that support overall corporate goals, strategic sales objectives, and membership growth and margin enhancement targets.
- Ensure marketing communications link and reinforce integrated communications strategy for internal/external customers that support objectives of local markets and enterprise.
- Advise on product development and enhancement of new products, benefit designs and core competencies.
- Work with leadership team to support new market development; to identify or create ideas for alliances and acquisitions; and to manage portfolio of business units.
WHY GATEWAY — JOIN US, AND BE YOU
We are committed to a transformative market approach with a team-first mentality. Successful team members are truth-seeking and trusting, with the tenacity required to trail blaze in a complex ecosystem. We are a collaborative team that actively seeks input and values differing perspectives. And we produce tangible results, holding ourselves accountable in the process.
We are also committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of connectedness and inclusion. We grow and learn together, respecting professional and personal experiences, areas of expertise, and types of self-expression.
We promote a work-from-home model and a “dress-for-your-day” approach to work attire. Our team-oriented environment encourages collaboration and innovation. We offer industry-leading compensation and health benefits, including:
- Comprehensive mental health and wellbeing resources
- Nationwide Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO with employee-friendly plan design
- Company-paid basic life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Rx, dental, vision, other voluntary benefits, and FSA
- Employer-matched 401k Plan
- Industry leading PTO plan
- And more!
Our team brings robust experience, diverse perspectives and passion from a nationwide team of 900+ professionals located in more than half of the US states.
Interested in this Career? Email Human Resources